a sidewalk .....

the walk from my house to my son's school is a very familiar road for me now. with some faces waving at me everyday, such as the Les Schwab tire shop guys, the garage guys, the ladies @ da bus stop,the Sardar Uncle,the kabob store chef, the terrific and horrifying Martin hair supply store(i call it terrific and horrifying because it is filled with human faces with strange wigs,that had scared me the first time i entered the Salon and promised never to enter any American Salon alone) and the deserted Indian Cinema Theater. But few faces had vanished after their job were done, like the KFC/A&W builders. they were my daily faces few months back. we used to trouble each other ;they used to block my way almost everyday and say Sorry and i used to roll the stroller on the hose pipes almost every time i crossed them. they used to waive at me in case the road was blocked and let me know how many days it would continue..."sorry lady, just another 15 days". I used to walk without noticing that there was a person underground and realized only after he shouted"ma'am i 'm here".
U must be wondering why am i telling you all this...
but the best part of it happened today. During my walk , a man from a parked car shouted aloud ,"hello Lady, Good Morning, Good Morning".
I wondered who can that be shouting so loud and turned around. It was the KFC/A&W builder. With my usual broad smile i wished him back and continued my way. Back of my mind I was thinking , in a place like US, where I am just a visitor, there are people who remember me.

it made me happy.

Comments

Popular Posts