Speechless I stood ....

With all the cling clangs of Merry Christmas, I never expected a big band of choir fooling me, making me stand still, pulsating ,trying to camouflage myself.
When it was time to wish each other and ask for the day's plan, a friend called up and mentioned she was going to encourage a friend over lunch. One said, she had to make something special for her husband, and last but not the least had to spend her day at the church. The eldest of the gang had just returned from India, which made it obvious that she should be taking rest, getting herself out of the jet lag. So all were busy with something or the other. Day passed and I was so cozily sitting with my PJ's on, enjoying my plate of evening snacks with my family, when suddenly the door-bell rang and 'twas a friend asking for a small help. Few minutes later there was another bell, one more friend , just came in to show her new saree. But the third time the bell rang, I heard some children outside & they were my son's friends. I was still cozy enough to get them in, when there was a huge , a real huge SURPRISE from my friends. They were standing at my door with cameras ready to click my action/reaction, all set to shower their blessings on me. Yeah ! U got it correct, they surprised me with the Baby Shower plan. No wonder, my husband was so deeply involved in the whole process that without a slight of hint he set the whole house, finished all the chores and quietly sat with me, munching! He always bugged me saying he is very good actor and I used to ask him to shut that thought of his in some deep corner. But he just proved himself. I'm yet to accept that he could so thoughtfully and secretly manage this party get going. This is not enough! The worst ever part was that I was present in all the prior discussions made as it was going to be a planned Shower. My friends got me deeply involved ,asking me to choose a date , decide on the menu and select my wear for the occasion and what not. It was decided to be on new yr...yes , on 1st of Jan. 2011. I trusted them so much that it never ever clued me, they might seek all my wishes and goof me. That was just what happened. They noted everything I said, made things accordingly but shocked me with their own date. OMG !!! It took almost the whole evening to get my palpitation back to normal.
You know, at times you should not trust your friends. May be then only you can realise how special they are. Family for a life time and friends who will always stay close to my heart.
Indeed a Merry Christmas and A wonderful way to Shower Blessings on me and my little one in.
Very soon my elder one will be joining his group of big brothers.
They made me feel really really special and I enjoyed every single second of this special evening.

God Bless My this Little rather Big FAMILY No. 3 ... :)

ps: i loved the stunning gift from my friends - a tiny tiara :)

Comments

  1. Speechless ! It would be difficult not to be moved to tears at this show of affection, and the surprise element...
    Friendship is always endearing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Parvez..u r correct... I just controlled the flow of my tears as my child won't understand why Mom went into tears ... May be I did some good deeds for which I get special friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Soma,
    Your sense of asthetics made me feel wonderful to be a part of ur baby shower. The writer in you was ready next day! We are always there for each other.Such comprehension makes one feel special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like being surprised...n when its a pleasant one...kya kehna...God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...the event was truly special...the writing made it all the more for sure!! Kudos to my bro and your friend's group..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Neetu : yes, definitely hats off to ur bro. whn at ths point of time,where we demand to b with full attention,love n care... he just did it. And frnds r frnds forever :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts