The name "Dumbo",still persists.

My lil' champ had demanded for a surprising story book from the library. Well, these days he doesn't ask or request for things, he just places his demand on me. Growing kids :) 
After a shuffle at the library shelves, I found a newly ordered book on the desk shared from another branch. It was a collection of stories from Disney. Fascinating and definitely interesting for him, I grabbed it immediately so that no other mom spies on it. Got it home and obviously he was elated . With no time wasted, he was hooked !
After supper, he giggled and called me ,"Dumbo." With a light shrug, I asked what made him call me so. Then he told me that I was exactly like Dumbo, who can try many things and always come up with new surprises. I was happy on my son being so thoughtful but then , why Dumbo ? The curiosity still haunting, I waited till our bedtime story session. On purpose, I asked him to tell me a new story and he spoke about Dumbo..... we then turned the pages of the book, and I read him the story,"Dumbo, the flying elephant."
He was fast asleep. But there was an unusual smile on my face. An instant from the past, refreshing some happy scenes before me. Few years back, while I was chatting to a very close friend, I used to call him dumbo with every sentence I wrote. After some 7-8 times, he asked me to stop calling him Dumbo saying,"I am not a Dumbo." The meaning was different , the conversation might have been baseless but today, after hearing the name after such a long gap, I wished I meant what I learned today. 
Even though, timings differ or situation changes, a name still persits... Dumbo, but this time, I like it .

ps: feel like i'm back to my jannat !!!

Comments

Popular Posts