1st 100 Days in Plano !!


As I pen down my new journey , I will try my best not to hurt anyone or anything , accept what comes my way, learn to live and be the person I am. 
I definitely miss California but hope Texas brings something good .
As promised I won't show my tears and gulp in any pain and stay happy go lucky  ☺☺
My closed ones, you are always with me in every breathe I take and will think of the happy moments we spent ones, to overcome any sadness here.  You change my weakness to Strength , honestly Double My Strength.
Blessed to have you all in my life πŸ™πŸ™

ps: will be restricting this post to only Texan Experience .

Day 1 :-
Pouring rains and Mixed emotions :
With a warm c-off  from the flight crew ,
we landed in our new destination - Destination Texas !
Pleasant weather made our beginning relaxed. Zee tv running in the room, we got ready for our 1st day adventure...Visiting friends  .
1st few minutes on road -
following map and adjusting with the crazy turns 😰😰
2nd shopping at Wal-Mart - huge , overly crowded with Indians πŸ™„πŸ™„ making you feel walking and shopping at Ameerpet. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
3rd - A warm welcome from the friends .. but surprisingly,  parking near their house was the funniest part - just like any decent driver of California,  we wanted to take a u-turn to park for the left side house.
But instead , we could just park on the left , left side of the car facing the curb .πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
It gave the feel of parking anywhere , anyway in India .
Yummy food , hours of non-stop chit chat, late night Chai, Mr.Tandon's hilarious series , made our 1st evening in Texas happy beginning .
But just then, heavy rain made the drive back bit risky on the new road.
5th - last but funny πŸ˜€ there was a car ahead and as we were waiting at the signal, two girls just opened the car, came out and started Dancing..
 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ They danced till the signal turned green .. funny, crazy, college goers πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ May them keep chilling and enjoying life !
With the hope that Day 2 turns out equally good ... Adios Amigas !!


Day 2 :-
Anxiously we headed for Tribeca .. our new shelter .
Since it was pre-booked,  we just hoped it meets what it shows . During the initial formalities , I came across another old friend and as the ladies open their mouth,  poured in complaints of how small the apts are in real ... and never to trust any virtual touring . I took a step back when she said,"I hope you didn't do the same mistake ,sweety !"
Zipped - 🀐🀐
The tour started .. neat ambiance , clean veranda, but looked like - para bhadi☹☹
Apartments in Mumbai types .
As soon as the guide opened the door for us ..
 Stunned !!!
Where are we, what are we in, is it an Apt in "Texas" , is this the one we booked , are you kidding us 😲😲
The friend's words kept ringing ... why did we book online .. regardless of our need ... ufff 
Disappointed... Adjustment begins ... Apt sucks 😫😫
We asked for adjustments but have to wait for the Mgr to agree ... 
With disrespect towards virtual booking, we headed looking for any other apartment available and decent enough for our furniture to fit in.
Every look clearly said, throw away couch and dare if you unpack many .
All settlements shifted to the next day ... 
We wanted a familiar place to have lunch - PEx.was our closest and best option ... a good meal gave some relaxation .
Spent rest of the evening , switching channels and enjoying random tv shows.
Wanted to ended the night early, to gear up for another adventurous day - good or bad, we have to deal with it ... 
Buenas noches 😴😴

Day 3 :-
We start the day with a positive mind frame even though there were 50% chance of getting a good apt .
Pam seemed to be understanding but a very smart player . She gave us options which seemed okay to finalize a town home.  But unfortunately we couldn't take a tour of it . The floor plan seemed nice.  We agreed and Moved out of Tribeca with a satisfactory smile . 
1at sxhool registration waa fine .. we were happy that things were turning good compared to the previous days. 
Next tiring work was shopping for school supplies since the school had ran out of them. 
Well these things are part of schooling ,so no complains ☺☺
Our cars had arrived .. now it was time to find a spot to park 3 cars ,including the rental .
We called one of our friend's if they could help us.
Seemed like happiness was far out of reach .. my car didn't start 😡😡
Battery down ... 2 hours of wait and then jump started .
My 1st driving in Texan highway was a good experience . 
Pleasant drive, happy with friends ,yummy dinner ..... 
Along with All this. We went around looking for independent houses ... liked them all , but listed one. 
Hectic day with house hunt still on ... Need another round of good sleep .. so ,
Bonne Nuit 😴😴

Day 4 :-
Just like every dog has it's day, seemed like it was ours . Thinking about all the pros n cons, we decided to move into the individual house we had listed. There was a sign of relief on both of our faces and kids were super excited over the new adobe. 
Their criteria were equally met - stairs inside, separate bedrooms for all, wood flooring, etc etc ....
We were glad we got an Independent house on Independence Day and the house number added to #1  .. Touchwood , let the happiness sustain !
Day ended with sharing the good news with near and dear ones , who knew our frustration :P
Singing off for the day ...
Oyasumi ... Shhhhhh .....

Day 5 :-
Seems like our perspective about this place is changing :) The world was celebrating Lord Krishna's birth .. it was Natdostav ! We went to a newly built Radha Krishna temple and seeked Blessings! Pious and delicious Prashad Sevan added flavor to our evening and it was a happy ending for the day...
Jai Shri Krishna  πŸ™πŸ™

Day 6:-
Things were falling in place . An auspicious day and time was decided for accepting the keys to the new house, time to enter , perform a Small Puja ..
But the stupid jump start was annoying .. Had to get it fixed .. went to the Auto shop , changed the car battery and spent around five hours shopping school supplies.
Tired , returned to the room .. some healthy dinner and I am off for the day ..
You too have a good sleep ...
Shuv Ratri 😴😴

Day 7 :-
What a Lovely Morning!!!!
Wondering why ?
It was our 1st Day for "Roots and Rituals."
Performed a Small Puja before bringing things into the house .
Jumping, screaming, observing every corner of the new home, trying to explore every facility , my champs were at Cloud9.
They finally had a home ,here, where they had freedom of FUN πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡
Love you my Champs 😘😘

Day 8:-
Waking up to the cool, fresh breeze of our new Adobe,  kids were busy deciding where and how they would fit there goods and we as listeners, happily enjoyed their discussion πŸ€”πŸ€“πŸ€—πŸ€—
Had a light informal refreshment arranged for the owners , which got extended to a Pizza Party ... πŸ€·πŸ™ŒπŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Thanking the Almighty for A Happy Beginning...  excited for another adventurous thing ... what πŸ€”πŸ€”??? Wait till I reveal ....
Good night !!

Day 9:- 
This might sound a little weird,  but we were ready for another adventurous trip .. Trip to Kansas or Missouri,  wherever the Eclipse took us .
Yeah, we skipped 1st Day of school to see the epic Solar Eclipse πŸŒ‘
After an eight hours drive , we reached Kansas.
Planned for next day - location and duration of the Eclipse,  to get 100% view, for a longer time i.e. 2.45 mnts.
Sleeping early, to wake up on time ... 😴😌

Day 10:- 

Wakelipse πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Waking up early for Eclipse ... Another  good 2-3 hours with lot of excitement and hope to view the Magical moment! 
But weather forecast was disappointing. Cloudy, Thunder, rain, 😑😑aarrrrr .... this is not what we came for ...
Crowd was equally pissed off .
We left the place,  assuming to miss the Eclipse.
Cursing the weather , we drove from South to North . 
But , weather did have a plan for us ..  
A quick glance at the sky, gave vivid glance of Sun's ray ... yes, yes, yes, that's the moment ... that's what we are here for... didn't know whether it was kids or me screaming 🀣🀣
But, wow.. what a moment ... fresh crowd, clapping and enjoying with us ... observing the Eclipse,  πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽThe Total Solar Eclipse,  The Diamond Ring,  The Glow, The Darkness... Truly Epical!!! 
Nothing went in vain ... Worth The Trip 😍😍
Now, a safe return and fresh beginning of another School year  !

Day 11 ,12,13 :- Pretty hectic days with the same routine . . Thus, jotting them all in a day :
Back to school with too many formalities .. ofcourse all beneficial to the kids πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
Our household arrived ... boxes everywhere... And now the tedious task of arranging them ...
Hell tired , total body ache .. so less of writing , more of work and rest :)
Catch you tomorrow!!

Day 14:-
Bakratunda Mahakaya Koti Surya Samaprava,
Nirbhignam Kurume Deva,  Sarba Karya SuSarbadaπŸ™πŸ™
Wishing everyone a Blessed Ganesh Chaturthy!!
Being part of a community and enjoying Ganesh Puja came just at the right time, when I was feeling low, missing friends,  feeling lonely and staying upset (over what, I don't know πŸ€”πŸ˜”πŸ˜­πŸ˜€)
But the lovely crowd, Desi style Puja and Bisarjan, Dance, Fun , late night Chai ... marks a Happy Beginning and needs a healthy sleeping ....
😴😴 Good Night !

Day 15,16 :-

Repetitive work, nothing unusual .
Cleaning the cartons , storing and arranging as usual .
Happily napping ones everyone is out ... My schedule for these two days ...
Toe pain pulling me down but decided to overcome it tomorrow ...
Thus,resting days, and  sleepy nights  
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................

Day 17:-
Day started normal with routine task . Weather turned very pleasant towards noon ... Took lil kiddo for a bike ride ... It was my first walk in the community .
Exploring every lane, and noticing house numbers , was making me feel good .. as they had some resemblance with me - my birth year, or my school year something or the other .
Walk was relaxing . 
Decided to walk every morning, at least a walk to drop my lad at school.
Beautiful thinking, Healthy living :)

Day 18:-
Fantabulous Morning !!!
Cool breeze, Rising Sun, Chirping birds, Accompanying Bunnies ... What else can I expect for a Morning Walk !!!
Stress Burned, Muscles Relaxed, Toe Pain - Out of my Thought ... Amazing feel :)
Didn't care how the day followed ... 
Job hunt is on Now ... Next Step towards my career - Fingers crossed - Now Focused !
May The Almighty Show The Right Path !
Amen !

Day 19,20,21,22,23 :-

You must be wondering why didn't pen down all these days ... 
well, there wasn't anything exciting , or pleasing :(
Setting the house, Volunteering at school, applying for jobs, nothing interests me ... 
there is something , upsetting me. 
If I can say it in words, I have nothing to speak.
If I can pen down, I have pains to pen ...
If i can express, I have nothing but a displeasing smile,
If i can think of good memories, bad  ones kill me ...
Today I feel lonely .. Solitude !
Seems like I have lost all my friends whom I really count on at this moment.
Feels like I have no one too share what I am going through ...
Do you know why ?
Because , People who know me, can feel it ... but being so many miles apart, today 
I honestly feel Left Alone :(
Heavy heart, Hiding tears, Missing you All So badly ... 

Something i have understood today ... The reason why my MIL is still unhappy with all the happiness she has .
I wish she had a Blog too.. She could have just penned down all her emotions ....
She is the Most Blessed Wife,Mother,Sister, Daughter ... any relation you relate .
But the ONE and ONLY One reason, why she is upset from within is,
She never got a chance to express her feelings, she always got a shout out - to stop and obey, She wore the pants but pulled down by many ....
How can someone be happy even if she has all the happiness ... Such a Simple Thing, But Made So Hard by these people ...
I feel like I am in her place Now ... I will have everything but I will not have anything ...
I don't want my kids to grow up like this ....
He ones wrote, I will never let you down knowingly... But today I am asking, How can you not let me down if you have not understood your soulmate yet .
I hope time heals ..
Take Care !!!

Ahhhh .. Its in weeks now ... no more day 1 or 2 and so on ... 
We all have good and bad moments.. mood swings , upsetting moments but we have to overcome them then and there .. to enjoy what's ahead of it.
its been over an week , since i last logged in .
well, i did it on purpose.
So that I can have enough to spill :)
This was a relaxing week . 
Morning walk really refreshing .. Working out !
Light exercise, less munching on snacks , meeting friends, play time at park, blabbering with kids ( as they say), not getting hooked up with phone ... and the most tedious part - Job search .. arrggrrrrr .. Mera number kab ayega? Ayega ki nahin ayega :((

With all this, I am glad my stuffs are all out of cartons and the house feels like home now .
Which means, We are .. hmmm .. I am settling down .. ha ha :P

well .. its the end of Day 28 ....

Jai Jagannath !

Over a month now ... Can't say I am a Texan yet though ... Still missing Calif. :(
you know what, it's better to pen down in such a long gap . Thoughts just pour in ...
Things I want to share need no filter .
Days have been pretty good these days . Knowing and mingling with neighbors. Interacting with new people , volunteering in schools , applauding students at schools and field .
oh yes, how could I forget to share this.. i volunteered for my elder ones School event .. It was an awesome experience . New type of task to care of .. new people .. and the best was , crowd cheering when our team played . Best !!
Heat is still irritating .. bothering me :e:e:e 
Job hunt still on .. qualified in one . now sincerely praying for the next round , God please be with me ,
You know I need it ''" Nothing is hidden from you , My Lord !
Another thing I forgot to share ...
For the first time in my life , there was no make-up kit in purse, no first aid bag, no unwanted things in my bag .. but just A Small Bhagwat Gita , presented by Mother India during my last visit . 
Read only the first page but there was a different type of satisfaction in my head . It truly has some power ... Thinking of finishing it .. Let's see :)

Hey, how many days have it really been leaving Calif .. let me see ... 
Today is the 38th Day .. wow man..time passes .. days flew .. not bad :)

Catch u later .. Till then .. Sayonara !

Feels so good to get back after so long .... 10.2.2017 - 51st Day :)
Completed 50 Days in Texas ... Unbelievable !!!
With Dussehra being our first Celebration in this new place , met new faces, made new friends , found connections with them. 
Happy feel but still missing you all ... :(
Lot of things happening  ... but nothing to be disclosed here ... :)

With so many things happening , i just lost track of my days , and now I am heading towards completing a Year !! Goodness grace , Friends around make my life smooth :)

Comments

Popular Posts