Just to Remember… ❤️

Do you remember his birthday? 😊

That was the only question I was asked during my first visa interview. I answered confidently, without hesitation, and I still remember the sheepish smile on his face. Later, he confessed that he had been nervous wondering what would happen if I got the date wrong!

Since October 2024, I have lost count of how many times I have remembered and mentioned that date.

07.20.**
It’s a Monday today, and we wish you a Happy Birthday. ❤️

We have celebrated some proud moments along the way, Baaplu getting a job, Chinchin performing with happiness, and me stepping into and learning a new role. Life continues to move forward, and yet, the emptiness you left behind doesn’t seem to fade.

It feels unbelievable that next Monday, we will be performing your annual rites, your first death anniversary.

Gelha, did you really just vanish somewhere into thin air? How can someone who was so much a part of everything simply not be here anymore?

I keep myself engaged in every possible way. I fill my days, keep moving, keep doing… But when the exhaustion takes over and I find myself confined within these four walls, I feel your presence so intensely. I desperately try to embrace you, reach out to you, hold on to you…

But alas, there is nothing there.

Just a vain wish… and the painful realization of how far away you have gone.

I miss you more than words can ever express, my love.

Happy Birthday, wherever you are. ❤️
You are remembered. You are missed. You are loved, always.

Comments