Silently sinking into life, one day after another, without you.
Days pass by,
one after another,
quietly slipping through my hands.
And somewhere between them,
loneliness sneaks in
softly at first,
then settling deep within,
until my mind begins to understand
how lonely life can truly be.
one after another,
quietly slipping through my hands.
And somewhere between them,
loneliness sneaks in
softly at first,
then settling deep within,
until my mind begins to understand
how lonely life can truly be.
The waves,
the shores,
the endless horizon
they all seem to speak
of nothingness,
of a void that refuses to leave.
I compel myself to smile
even through those weary nights,
pretending I am okay,
pretending the ache has learned to fade.
Alas,
it disappears into thin air
only to return with the darkness.
I keep the promises
I made to myself.
I fulfill every condition,
hold myself together,
keep moving,
keep sailing.
Yet somehow,
all of it seems to end
at the smallest hope
of being cheered for,
of having something
to truly celebrate.
Trust me,
life sails through.
It does!
But how it does,
I have no idea.
I try my best,
again and again,
yet everything seems to go in vain.
And I don't mean to dishearten you
I only wish you knew
that the emptiness
is still not healing.
They say one year
is just a number.
Perhaps it is.
But every evening since then
feels slower,
heavier,
as though time itself
has forgotten how to move.
The journey ahead
feels turbulent,
and I stand here
hoping for some miracle
something gentle enough
to quiet this disturbed soul,
something warm enough
to make the silence less lonely.
I miss you.
I remember you
in every moment,
in every quiet corner
of every ordinary day.
And perhaps this is how
I will learn to live
not moving on,
but moving forward,
carrying what remains of you
within me.
Silently sinking into life,
one day after another,
without you.
Comments
Post a Comment